If you have an interest in being a guest columnist…
ComebackTown: Giving voice to the people of Birmingham & Alabama.
Possible subject matter:
- How our Birmingham region might better collaborate?
- What’s great about our Birmingham region?
- What’s unique about metro Birmingham?
- What’s broken in our Birmingham region—how can we fix?
- Ideas to move us forward
- Interesting story or stories about growing up in Birmingham
- How the State of Alabama is impacting Birmingham
- Word document (Not Adobe PDF)
- a jpg head shot–minimum size 400X400 (make sure you have permission from photographer)
- a short one or two sentence bio
- e-mail to David Sher at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preferably under 1,000 words (600-750 words ideal)
- Short paragraphs–plenty of white space improves readability since many people view on smart phones or tablets
- Not all pieces accepted because of abundance of submissions.
- Can’t guarantee publication date.
- Reserve right to approve content.
- No previously published pieces (or pieces submitted to other publications)
- ComebackTown will determine title–though you are welcome to suggest
- We provide no editing or proof reading
- Not appropriate to promote business or events
- Guest columnist agrees submission can be republished in any and all media including al.com and Birmingham Business Journal.
(Visited 6,634 times, 1 visits today)